When you work with energy, whether as a healer, psychic, spiritual seeker, or magician, it is essential to establish a strong sense of your own energy body and to keep it clean. Not only will this increase your health and well-being, but you will begin to experience the world around you in new and exciting ways as your sensitivity increases.
Chakra Colors & Associations
The energy body has been explored by many cultures, and so there are many versions of maps to the auric field out there. One of the most useful is the seven chakra system. These energy vortices run from the bottom of our spine to the top of our head. They create a rainbow, and each chakra governs particular functions.
The red root chakra, located at the base of the spine, handles survival and is our foundation here on earth. The orange sacral chakra resides at the belly and governs emotion, relationship, and sexuality. The solar plexus chakra is yellow and relates to personal power and autonomy. The green heart chakra covers love and compassion. The blue throat chakra handles expression and communication. The indigo third eye chakra governs intuition and psychic faculties. The violet/purple/white crown chakra lies at the top of the head and is our divine connection, pure consciousness, and awareness.
Meditation to Clean, Bless, and Heal the Chakras
It is possible to feel each chakra within your energy system. You can also use your psychic vision to see each energy vortex to ascertain its health and well-being. This meditation will guide you to cleanse, bless, and heal each chakra so that you are operating at optimal power.
(1) Begin by centering yourself with a few deep breaths. Concentrate on feeling the red chakra at the base of your spine and imagine that roots extend from this energy center deep into the earth. See the earth’s healing energy pulsing into this chakra. Take note of how it is spinning. Which direction is it turning? Is it moving slowly or quickly? Ask your spirit guides to restore its ideal spin and feel the sensation in your body.
(2) Investigate the color of the chakra. Is it bright and vibrant? Are there clouds of dullness around it? Do any images arise as you psychically see the chakra? Imagine that you are painting it or washing it clean until it shines vibrantly, and take note of any images you see associated with it. These are clues that you can use to heal yourself.
(3) When you feel the chakra is healthy and vibrant, imagine a white beam of light rising up into your sacral chakra. Repeat the previous steps for this energy center, and continue up the spine to investigate your yellow solar plexus chakra, green heart chakra, blue throat chakra, indigo third eye chakra, and violet crown chakra.
(4) As you do this exercise, you may experience emotional release or otherwise feel energies moving in and through your body. Know that this is healing, cleansing, and blessing you. The world will look different when you are done with this process. To end the cleansing meditation, imagine your aura encompassing your body and feel it deeply. Ask that your spiritual helpers restore it to its pure vitality. See it in your mind’s eye and take note of any rips or tears or any areas of discoloration in your auric field. Imagine that you are repairing these disruptions and dissolving any energies that no longer serve you.
(5) Finally, fill your field with purifying light and imagine a protective boundary at the edge of your aura. This will prevent disturbing energies from entering your space so that you maintain peace and equanimity.
You can repeat this psychic housekeeping process each day or as needed. The more often you do it, the more in tune you will be with how your energy system functions, and you will be able to easily address any problems that might arise.